Collagen is a protein found in your body that plays a huge role in the structure of your skin. There are a variety of products with collagen in it, including serums, creams, and even supplements. However, there is nothing more effective than cosmetic treatments that help your body produce collagen naturally. You may wonder, why is collagen so vital? Collagen is a building block when it comes to your bones, muscles, tendons, ligaments, and skin. It is responsible for the health of your joints and skin elasticity. Below you will find more information on the benefits of collagen and how it can help you maintain your youthful glow.
Why Is Collagen Vital?
Collagen is a vital protein found throughout your body and accounts for roughly one-third of all proteins in your body. Many call it the glue that holds everything together as it has a variety of benefits.
- Improved Skin: Collagen can help improve skin hydration. This can help with your skin’s elasticity which helps slow down the signs of aging, including fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin.
- Strong Hair: Women can also experience hair loss and thinning due the impact of natural aging. Collagen can help with hair thickness, quantity, and scalp coverage.
- Healthier Nails: Collagen helps keep your nails strong and improves growth. As you age, your nails may become more brittle and break easier.
Preventing Collagen Damage
As you age your collagen production reduces. In addition to natural aging, certain lifestyle behaviors can also damage collagen.
- Sun Exposure: Avoid sun exposure as it can reduce collagen production. To prevent this kind of damage, use at least SPF 30 every day. You should also wear protective clothing and sunglasses if you go outside.
- Smoking: The impact of smoking on your skin is major. Smoking reduces collagen production and impairs your skin’s ability to heal which can lead to fines lines and wrinkles. Avoid smoking as it is bad for your skin and overall health.
- Diet: Certain foods can impact your skin’s ability to repair itself. Foods such as candy, pastries, sodas, juices, and other processed foods are not good for your overall health or the health of your skin. Focus on a diet filled with fruits and vegetables, healthy protein, and lots of water.
You’ll likely see a lot of collagen products promising you a variety of benefits. From supplements to serums, the market can prove filled with collagen products. However, cosmetic intervention is necessary to improve and restore your body’s natural production of collagen. This is because your collagen breaks down as you age and it gets more difficult for your body to produce more. Cosmetic treatments can drastically improve your collagen production, which results in you looking years younger.
Sculptra in Tampa is an injectable treatment that can stimulates your body’s natural production of collagen. It can be used your nose, mouth, chin, jawline, under your eyes, and on your cheekbones. It can also be used on your hands and chest to address the signs of aging. The treatment provides effective results and can improve the look of your skin. The difference between Sculptra and other injectables is that it works with your body’s natural ability to rejuvenate itself through collagen stimulation. The results improve over the first few months and the results can last up to two years.
Lombardi Dermatology in Tampa
If you notice fine lines or wrinkles on your face, neck, or hands, contact the experts at Lombardi Institute of Dermatology. Their team remains skilled in a variety of treatments that can turn back the clock and rejuvenate your look. Contact Lombardi Dermatology in Tampa for an appointment today!